How We Engage Our Clients During Long Shifts
Husky Senior Care specializes in 24 hour live-in and awake shifts for our clients. These long shifts can provide consistent, engaging and safe care for extended periods of time.
Developing a strategy for these long shifts is critically important to maintain an interactive and engaging period of care. A well-defined plan combined with thoroughly screened and trained caregivers results in exceptional care for our clients. When a caregiver is serving a client for 24 hours, they must intentionally seek ways to engage the client.
Examples of how Husky Senior Care engages clients:
- Prepare a nice meal and have the client assist in preparation to the level that they are able
- Play a game with the client – cards, chess, checkers etc.
- Go for a walk – the length of the walk will depend on the client’s capability
- Take a drive to a community center, grocery store or to someplace that the client would enjoy
- Perform light yard work with the client or under their supervision
- Engage in conversation
- Watch a television show
These types of activities are key to Husky Senior Care maintaining our sacred duty of serving our clients. If you have any questions about this or other topics regarding home care, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.